EQMac.com

Everquest for the Mac discussion
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Grimling War - July
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:41 am 
Officer: Destiny

I'll be setting a date soon for a July encounter for the Grimling War.

Destiny loot rules, that is mains before alts, one drop per raid. Tells to the raid leader (myself) then I make a list and /random for the winner.

MAX one toon per peep on this raid unless you're running an enchanter/healer, two healers, two PB AoE DPS or a tank/healer and you are assigned to babysit a cat. Absolutely no three boxing. (If you want an alt for loot, park them and camp them out by the cave entrance to the Tenenbrous Mountains).

This is an involved raid, split between two camps.

Both camps will have 2 to 3 enchanters at each camp along with healers in their groups to keep them up. There will be a baby sitter at each camp. Everyone else will be on pulling grunts to be stun locked at the enchanters. NO killing. Absolutely none. Zip, nada, neigh. No killing.

The raids where we got the high commander to spawn was always very intense or when we were wiping. The latest theory that he isn't a random spawn, but only spawns when the number of grunts in zone reach a certain number. This time we'll try and maximize the number of grunts on each enchanter group, then when he spawns, level him, then I do loot. Rinse and repeat.

The raid will be called off if we lack sufficient enchanters and pullers. (Around 42 to 60 mobs can spawn per minute or something dumb like that).

Loot order for the arms will be as follows:

Illicit (I'll be turning in the newly made box, thanks once again for the key).
Mechaike (Get on your new box if it isn't finished yet, thanks for turning it in last time)
Myrbob
Lyrad
Miztig
Ravenwing
Break
Zamiel (You put the time and effort in on previous raids, if you have a new toon that's gtg and you want the arm, you're welcome to it).
Fanglore
Utdaan

The best drops are a Possessed Sacrificial Clever (Manlee) and a Possessed Sacrificial Club (Lyrad).

They're end game drops. They proc a buff that is +30 to ATK (This will count towards ATK cap, so if at cap it's useless). The proc also gives 40% haste and it lasts for 33 hours and 20 minutes!

Previous key winners in order are:

Rysia (RIP)
Tigertugger (Grats on the server's first Vah Shir Hero Cloak)
Cromis
Gnostica

Date to be posted soon. Stay tuned.

Post subject: Re: Grimling War - July
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:59 pm 

Curious, what are the arms?

If it works for our schedule, perhaps Malignant can come!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:05 pm 

Arms are for the Inner AC Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 pm 

YAY :3 I'll try not to make plans for July weekends till I see a date!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 pm 

I would be more then happy to attend but just a heads up that I work Sundays so of course Saturdays work better. The only thing I ask in return is to one day in the distant future be added to that list you have going... =p (not yet, still have a couple things I need to finish up).

Previously Ralanorn, 60 Sorcerer of Xegony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:20 pm 

I'll sort the date early next week, again trying for a US friendly time as all previous successful raids were done on a Euro friendly time.

As for your box Indie, let me know when it's done. If we get him spawning like mad, that being the hope that he spawns based on the maximum number of mobs being reached, then he should pop like crazy. The one time was crazy with 2 or 3 popping back to back to back.

Back to packing for an island hoping trip here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:27 am 

Really happy to see this. I hope I can make it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:37 pm 

Grimling War Open Raid Level 49 and up.

Date set for Tuesday, July 23rd, 5 PM Pacific Time. If successful the next time post will be Euro friendly.

Need 4 to 6 enchanters to show up and about 50 real peeps to dominate it. Max one toon per peep barring certain exceptions (tells to me), even then max of two toons, and ONLY if on baby sitting duty, chanter/healing duty or two AoE dps duty. You'll be too busy running one toon tagging mobs to effectively run two.

If not enough forces by 10 minutes past start time, I'll likely call it and re-schedule.

See peeps raid time!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:04 am 

Gnostica wrote:
Grimling War Open Raid Level 49 and up.

Date set for Tuesday, July 23rd, 5 PM Pacific Time. If successful the next time post will be Euro friendly.

Need 4 to 6 enchanters to show up and about 50 real peeps to dominate it. Max one toon per peep barring certain exceptions (tells to me), even then max of two toons, and ONLY if on baby sitting duty, chanter/healing duty or two AoE dps duty. You'll be too busy running one toon tagging mobs to effectively run two.

If not enough forces by 10 minutes past start time, I'll likely call it and re-schedule.

See peeps raid time!

Your bias against boxers is shining!

We did HP with three real people, I can effectively run many!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:40 am 

Without cheating?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:38 am 

muess wrote:
Without cheating?

Plenty of people can effectively run 3-6 characters in a raid setting without cheating. Now, I know your reference was to Gaeldar and his 12+ boxing... But yea.... Suggesting That any raid on this server requires the complete attention and doesn't work if someone is 2-3 boxing is false.

I will likely attend this. I has:

65 Druid / Cleric / Enchanter / Wizard / Bard with which I can help.

Enchanter with a /cast 5 stun macro can be setup so he only needs a button pressed every 15s.
Bard can be setup to AFK Chorus at a camp for mana regen so that real bards can twist better songs
Druid, Cleric, Wizard can be setup to have /cast 2-5 PBAE nuked
Druid, Cleric can heals!

Ill play whatever Gnostica feels we need more though :).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:52 am 

I frankly need pullers for this raid, or a peep running two enchanters doing stunlock on both, or enchanter/healer with the chanter on full time stun lock. A single healer can and has kept Gnos up vs. the boss, a real tank is much easier. This raid is about pulling and stunlocking. If you can individually pull 4 separate mobs on four separate toons on four instances, wow, amazing. 12, then godly. This raid isn't the standard tank park and spank or CH and spank, mainly pulling and stunlocking (AoEing is only to be done when called). Keep in mind a single mis-target and a nasty nuke or afkish dps will kill a cat in a hurry and the raid is over.

As for boxing on this raid, yeah I'm biased. The only peep that did it excellently beyond two toons was Zamiel and he was scripting the stunlock portion. We have enough peeps on the server now, best to utilize them. (FAR easier to run a six toon CH chain than trying to target 6 different grunts in 4 different camps on 6 different toons and have them run the mobs successfully to the nearest enchanter).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:50 am 

Looks like fun. I hope I can attend. Getting together with a bunch if people and not boxing is what this game is all about!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 am 

Daldaen wrote:
muess wrote:
Without cheating?

Plenty of people can effectively run 3-6 characters in a raid setting without cheating. Now, I know your reference was to Gaeldar and his 12+ boxing... But yea.... Suggesting That any raid on this server requires the complete attention and doesn't work if someone is 2-3 boxing is false.

I will likely attend this. I has:

65 Druid / Cleric / Enchanter / Wizard / Bard with which I can help.

Enchanter with a /cast 5 stun macro can be setup so he only needs a button pressed every 15s.
Bard can be setup to AFK Chorus at a camp for mana regen so that real bards can twist better songs
Druid, Cleric, Wizard can be setup to have /cast 2-5 PBAE nuked
Druid, Cleric can heals!

Ill play whatever Gnostica feels we need more though :).

It's Gnostica's raid so he makes the rules, if you want to create your own raid where 10 peeps 6 box go for it. Otherwise stfu.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:34 am 

EEEEEEEEE

Have: toe, scalp, heart, skull, eye

Working on the rest currently.

Not sure that I'm killing the right ph for Gooplart, but I guess we'll see. Gonna have to stalk burrower to beg its murderers for the husk.

Hope this happens before my weddin and cruise at the end of the month.