EQMac.com

Everquest for the Mac discussion
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:48 pm 

Hey all,

I just read this:
Quote:
Good news for Mac users! The world of EverQuest is now yours to explore!

Immerse yourself in what hundreds of thousands have already experienced; a land without limits to the imagination where excitement and myth reign supreme! Join over 400,000 players as they seek treasure, unlock hidden quests, and slay dragons.

It says "join" in what could be construed as Mac users are actually playing with 400k people. I'm sure this could be loosely interpreted as "hey, you're playing what 400,000 PC users are already playing" but to me the word "join" means I'm right there with them. It's not like when I "join" a group in EQ I'm joining every group in existence, right? ;)

I'm just being nitpicky but I know the whole "when will we be able to play with PC players?" is going to be beaten to death when EQ goes live. I imagine there's going to be some seriously pissed off people when they find out that they can't play with their PC friends nor move their characters to the Mac server. Granted, I understand Sony already announced that Mac users would be on their own server ages ago but judging from the posts in the beta forums there are a ton of people who don't know about it.

Maybe you should create a rant forum so those posts can go there when they eventually start popping up?

~Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:32 am 

Quote:
Maybe you should create a rant forum so those posts can go there when they eventually start popping up?

Yeah, but this is a real issue about the game. Just because you're upset doesn't make it a rant.

The reason rant boards starting popping up is that people decided to post topics like "F$#% YOU SONY YOU USELESS FOR NO PC COMPATABILITY YOU CAN SUX MY WANG" I'd rather not encourage that at all...

-Ganlarg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:20 am 

Ganlarg wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, but this is a real issue about the game. Just because you're upset doesn't make it a rant.

The reason rant boards starting popping up is that people decided to post topics like "F$#% YOU SONY YOU USELESS FOR NO PC COMPATABILITY YOU CAN SUX MY WANG" I'd rather not encourage that at all...

-Ganlarg

Lol... Okay.
But you know we're going to see a bunch of threads and debates about Mac and PC players on the same server. Heck, people are still asking about it now with only 4 days left in the beta.

~D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:48 am 

Well, at first I was kind of pissed off that I couldn't play on the PC Servers (being a long time EQ player, I have quite a few things still there) but I had quit for a while, and then started back up recently, and realized that I don't want to play with them anymore, it would be really fun to start brand new on an untouched server. I think it will be more fun that way, and give us mac users a better experience starting off, rather than joining an existing server and seeing most people are 50+ (if you see anyone lower than that, it would be a alt thats twinked to death) it just ruins the fun for the game to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:08 am 

I to am looking for a fresh start. I couldnt care less about the PC side v. the Mac side.

I played for a while and started getting anoid with the whole power level trip that most palyers on the PC side seemed to have. Really I had people screaming at me for missing this raid or that event and who do you think you are having a life outside the game.

I hope that the mac side of this doesnt evolve into that. If it does im gone.

Mike