1) Tweet at John Smedley's twitter
- John Smedley is the president of Sony Online Entertainment and the person actually in charge of which game gets cut and which game doesn't get cut.
- His twitter is: https://twitter.com/#!/j_smedley
- Tweet at him and plead with him to save Al'Kabor. Use the hash tag #savealkabor in your tweets.
- If you don't have a Twitter account, sign up for one. It is free, and as long as you possess an IQ of over 50 or so, you should be able to figure out how to use the site.
- Don't be mean, as this is the guy we need to sway to our side. Probably a heartfelt message is best.
- If you participate in other communities, online or otherwise, urge them to Tweet at Smedley also. Spread the word!
2) Email John Smedley
- His e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email him and plead with him to save Al'Kabor. Go into more detail than your tweets, since this can be an entire letter. For example, you could go into the issue of how people have devoted upwards of ten-thousand hours to the game over the course of eight and a half years, and are only given two-months notice before their characters are deleted.
- Again, don't be mean, as this is the guy we need to sway to our side.
3) Vote in my poll
- No-one knows officially why the server is getting shut down, but Hobart has hinted in-game that it has to do with the subscription numbers.
- The idea for the poll is to provide Smedley some data that says, "Look! Even if EQMac isn't profitable right now, it could be."
4) Post on the closure thread on the SoE forums
- The thread is here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=182821
- Voice your displeasure.